Pages

Thursday, 23 July 2015

Dates

I Was reviewing the box idea and felt was lacking some detail. All well and good just being black and white boxes symbolic of the good times and bad times, but when were those times? 

So I constructed a list of dates 
It would need concentrating though, I'm not going to use them all! 

Needed to test what would work on the box. Found a very large stencil I will use to uniform the boxes, keeping it very stark and plain. Very matter-of-fact. 
I had tried paint previously on the black cardboard but with the waterproof black paint underneath it would adhere to the surface. So it's spray paint I will be using and had black, silver and a metallic shiny silver. I will point out it was a tester and would most definitely need to mask carefully when putting on the boxes themselves. 

Black on black sadly doesn't work and I prefer the silver over the metallic shiny silver. 

I do think this idea is an improvement. As for the White boxes just going to use black.



 I will look to see if I can find white spray paint though as maybe just need to stick to white and black? 

 

3 comments:

  1. You've been busy!! Just a thought if you really wanted black on black then perhaps Matt spray would work on gloss(or vis versa)??

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I like the hand fading presence video-the fact that it never fades to nothing,leaves an impression is kinda like a memory(good or bad)fades with time but always there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think I am maybe getting on to something now, although not sure what yet! All feedback is welcomed as its only been me rattling around in the empty studio. The black on black was matte spray paint on glossy and when I tried white it went a greeny tinge as it reacted with the waterproofing black paint! But don't mind the silver

    ReplyDelete