Another video sketch of a handprint. Using black paper this time and just water. Not just totally happy with it yet. The handprint dries quickly to begin with but the last impressions never completely fade until quite some time later and it's not exciting to be staring at one tiny blob. But that's one factor I dont have total control over, how it dries!
Somehow there is a shadow which appears, which I think must have been me opening a cupboard. So next time I will just leave it completely alone.
I experimented a bit with speed and reversing the clip for the handprint to re-appear which I think works quite well. Would be good to see this on a larger format - i.e. a projector, but I have no access to the one in the textile room at the college just now due to quite a lot of boxes, table etc piled up in front of the screen and the one in the main studio now has no computer attached! So will just have to be an idea for another time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmFdlwUwdvM
No comments:
Post a Comment