Pages

Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Head hunted

I have been talent spotted by the Orcadian jeweller Shelia Fleet. Not by her personally, a very lovely lady who works as an enameller for the company. Who knew I was studying art and may be skilled. 

Unfortunately, due to my full time course demands I can't take up the position of enameller. Regardless of that I was still invited to have a try of the process this morning. Which is very therapeutic and extremely detailed and requires a lot of concentration. I was very grateful for the opportunity to gain some experience and see the process as I have a few Shelia Fleet pieces of my own and have always liked her designs so was nice to try my hand at it too. 

This out of the blue experience may not appear just that eventful now but you never know what will happen in the not too distant future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment