Pages

Saturday, 8 March 2014

Fojtu and Henderson collaborative photography exhibition

Went in past the museum to view this- I haven't been in the museum for aaaages!!! Will need to go a proper visit as I was just in and out, rushed for time on my lunch break. 
Fojtu's work I was previously aware of and have always thought his photographs were beautiful. Henderson's work I have more than likely have seen around in Orkney but not been familiar with the name, although these pair have had a collaborative exhibition before at the Loft Gallery in St. Margaret's Hope but I couldn't get transport to view it. 
Anyway, the exhibition was purely in black and white, all 2" white mount, with a thick plain black frame. Very simple and organised. Photographs were of Orkney landscapes some quite familiar others not so much, but very clean cut composition. There were a few photographs I particularly liked, certainly those taken in misty, foggy conditions, where the tone becomes softened and the mood becomes very atmospheric. It's not something that can be achieved in Photoshop, this was careful photography capturing natural Orkney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment