Pages

Tuesday, 19 April 2016

All the Open windows work installed

I went a walk along the street on Sunday to follow the Open Windows map and view the works. 

I photographed a few which I will share, but not suitable for photographing it's more a case of enjoying them as you see them installed. 


At the frozen food centre - These glass pieces were not part of Open Windows but none the less good to see. Just adds to the interest of all the open windows. 

Joanna Buick at Orkney Leasing - feathers was a theme in 2 works in quick succession of one another...


Ro Knapper at The studio shop - I adore this! Feathers are one of my favourite subject matter 

Frances Pelly at the Orkney Soap company 
Jane Glue at Sutherlands pharmacy 

Norna Sinclair at Age concern, moved from the Scottish Hydro 

Very good idea to put a thank you note for the hosts of the art work! 

Beccy May at J& M McEwan - the colours are fantastic. And really catches the eye on the drab Junction Road! 

There is a whole 30 artists work to see and this is merely a snippet of what there is to see. So I hope if you are in Kirkwall, just take a few minutes to look at the fantastic work. And I do hope this project continues and gets bigger and better! 










No comments:

Post a Comment