Unfortunately with tide, wind and wet conditions as they were I reached the furthest out point before the Craigs before being forced to return the route I had just came. It simply wouldn't have been safe to have continued any further, which did vex me slightly as I am quite a determined person and not succeeding in a task irritates me!
On this walk out I seen many washed up bits of fish cages, driftwood, bruck etc.
A lovely, let's say 'refreshing' walk on a very decent day in December.
I spotted this bit of metal, which I loved the colours of with the textures.
And then I also seen this stone
This is taken just exactly as I found it. It just immediately resembles a typical standing stone. And just those three sections were just so asthetically pleasing to me I knew I had to take it home with me!
So I propped it up against the grassy banks in a place I could pick it up on the walk back.
And continued walking until I reached the furthest point...
Yes, like I said 'refreshing'!
This is the point I had to stop, but one day I will walk the whole length!!
So then on the return I found the stone again and proceeded with it tucked under my arm for just over 1.5 miles!
(I did also try to take the chunk of rusty metal too, before deciding my priority lay with the stone to take home)













Black Craig is a lovely walk,it's been years since I've been,thinking you could of picked a better day-invigorating nonetheless(in more ways than one)Cool stone, could this be the start of an idea for degree show???
ReplyDeleteGot rid of the cobwebs anyway! Inspiration can take many forms so may end up being...who knows!
Delete