Been quite a busy past 3 weeks, and not just solely anchored around college work but in a way perhaps it is... making memories for dates I will document further down the line? But just perhaps that is me justifying some time off with family and friends!!
Firstly was a trip to Hoy with my parents and Granny all in the aim of getting to the Old Man of Hoy to cross it off the bucket list. Which we succeeded in doing with a celebratory glass of fizz to toast the Old Man.
Then I took on the role of tour guide to show Mainland Orkney to a friend of mine I met 2 years ago on holiday, who was on his travels from Australia. I was seeing Orkney from a fresh perspective - selecting it's best bits and cramming it into a busy 3 days and visiting places like Skara Brae I haven't been to since primary school or Tomb of the Eagles which had never been to. And the weather did us Orcadians proud, to show Orkney off at her best.
Then it's just been the shows which has been a hectic long weekend. So now having deadline week straight on the back of it is just keeping the adrenaline going.
Also kindly Norna and Jenny gave up some of their spare time to come into the college to offer a group crit of my work, to provide feedback on what they thought of it all. Was benefical to me as been so engrossed being myself just creating and not having to explain or justify the thought process that I did have to think about whats going on!
The boxes needed an environement to enhance the sense of being overwhelmed, trapped, things piling up. So they helped make a long narrow 'tunnel' to draw the viewer into the space but not to feel comfortable.
Stacked up. Meh.
Yes its tall and looks quite wobbly and could just collapse on top of you but doesn't feel that much of an immediacy. Needed to get a lean on the top boxes. Up the ladder I go....
Anyway, got a lean on the top boxes using string and masking tape
Have mutliple stacks within the 'tunnel' to add the difficulty to the viewer to try and negotiate the boxes without knocking them over.
Perhaps without really realising it the last box on the tallest stack is the date that found out Mum's cancer was secondary and the 4/9/05 box where I couldn't decide looked best, is the date I found out she had it for the first time. So I will keep that just as a single box right at the enterance.




No comments:
Post a Comment