Went a visit to the Modern Art Gallery.
Sol LeWitt. His work is seemingly objective, it's evident that any number of alternative permutations might be made.
"The most interesting characteristic of the cube is that it is relatively uninteresting."
Martin Creed 'work no 914' (pen on paper)
But yes, literally shop bought felt-tip pens colouring in a bit of paper. Creed is not someone who I have ever been able to relate to and never likely will!
Did like the wall painting but it's not in the least bit unique. Can see this in IKEA on a mass market.
"creeds reluctance to make conscious choices about what size of brush to use. 'I find that it's more difficult to choose, to decide that one thing is more important than the other...so what I try and do is to choose without having to make a decision"





No comments:
Post a Comment