Pages

Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Non existent semester

The long and short of it is my Mother has secondary breast cancer and will not be better. This has come after a previous 10 year battle with the big C and has understandably, been quite a struggle to come to terms with. 

Therefore my concentration and any motivation for coursework has evaded me these past few months. 

Hence why there really hasn't been just a huge lot of content on my blog these past few months!! 

I am totally out of my comfort zone not meeting deadlines. I have always worked hard to keep goals no matter what was occurring in my personal life but this has turned our lives upside down. 

Attention now for everyone at the college is of course deadline day on Friday and I have only the module to submit on time. My creative practice and writings will follow within my mitigating circumstances period. 

It is odd watching from the sidelines, this chaos of folk rushing around trying to get every detail to come together in time. I do feel very much in limbo with it all.

It's now a case of solo work over the 'break' to complete the second half of third year. I'm unsure of my direction of creativity but I am sensing a layering perhaps of these thoughts and feelings of my personal goings on with my very structured artwork approach. 


No comments:

Post a Comment