Pages

Thursday, 20 November 2014

WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS BEFORE!!!!

I have been totally engrossed in this mans work - Joseph Cornell.
I just love it!
Little boxes with peedie trinkets on display - boxes, organised, peedie things... just right up my street!





“By collecting and carefully juxtaposing found objects in small, glass-front boxes, Cornell created visual poems in which surface, form, texture, and light play together. Using things we can see, Cornell made boxes about things we cannot see: ideas, memories, fantasies, and dreams." (http://www.josephcornellbox.com/boxes.htm)

http://www.pem.org/sites/cornell/# <Follow the link to a fun website about his work. 

I stumbled across Cornell when I was looking into artists who used glass boxes, which I also found out are called Vitrines... learnt a lot these past 2 hours being glued to the computer!

Other artists included:
Jeff Koons (learnt about his work in Theory and Practice, all based on consumerism)
Damien Hirst 
Joseph Beuys
Rebecca Warren
Terence Koh
Micah Lexier 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment