Pages

Tuesday, 16 September 2014

College jaunt to the beach

Went to the Bay of Meil- which I have never been to. Was basically a day of experimenting and working with what you could find lying around. 
All very experimental but this is where it starts for further development.

A photo taken by one of the tutors, taken from the art departments Facebook page- I'm in the foreground, just experimenting with bits and pieces I found about the shore and my college student, Norna in the background there! 

Got very taken with this glove I found - has quite sinister undertones. Does remind me of the story of the Lopness Monster just learnt about as part of the Wilder Being project. Where this monster sits out in the ocean and watches people on the beach and collects rubbish to try and protect the environment. 


And then in the afternoon we went a visit to a mound of red sandstone which is one of a few places where the stone is quarried for the St. Magnus Cathedral
Lovely views! 



No comments:

Post a Comment