I've not just been good at keeping this up to date with when I try out something- so these images (not best quality as from my iPhone, originals are better but I'm usually only ever updating this blog from my phone) are from over a month ago now...the time has flown past since October break!
I got given a school classroom size map from a friend (who had seen my plea for maps on my Facebook page) and I went to town with creating lines and connection points on the map, then after copying maps onto acetate, made my own slides and projected over the top of everything- my favourite- layers!
Was dissapointed that the lines didn't create a stronger shadow, problem is down to using wool and not a powerful enough light source. But all in all I like the effect. 


These are my handmade slides- so the pieces of the projected map are so small it's hard to picture how they will look when they are enlarged. The wording wasn't particularly successful as I was using a stencil and a permenant marker and it wasn't dark enough to stop light passing through it. So when it was projected was very faint- would need to print onto acetate from the computer with a string contrast for it to work better I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment